Now you know the tremendous potential in your business if you rank page 1. On-Page Optimization accommodates over 50% of the ranking factors within Google ranking.
In this blog, we will discuss and list the most important on-page SEO ranking factors. If you implement these components you can almost guarantee great results. With my experience, I focus on the on-site aspects, such as the content and other vital components that you will learn in this tutorial. We also provide SEO Services and click here for more information.
Before you start your on-page optimization project, make sure you are proficient in keyword research. Here is a blog that I wrote regarding keyword research strategies, make sure you check it out before you read this. Click Here.
So what are the basics of a successful on-page optimization campaign? Well to get started with customizing content, optimizing that content and customizing user visibility are the basics of a successful on-page optimization campaign, we will break down all components and categorize them as a priority from 1-10 when 1 is low and 10 is highly prioritized.
1. Determine Content Development – Priority 10
Content is the most important component of your website in terms of getting high rankings.
- First develop a content friendly homepage where it is filled with important information regarding your business and relevant content your potential customers may be interested in. For instance, on my homepage, check out the image below.
- This image above is part of my homepage, it’s explaining relevant information regarding my products/services. So for instance, let’s say you have a roofing company, have a block page on your homepage that has an interactive and catchy image that lets your viewers know you perform “Roof Inspections” or something along that line if it works for your business. you get the idea.
- A few things to keep in mind: make sure your content is obviously relevant, and also include interactive content, not just text. Add images and videos to improve PR on your website. Google recognizes videos and images as more relevant and futuristic than just plain text.
2. Optimize SEO Titles & Meta Descriptions – Priority 8
Although Google doesn’t directly pull information from your title and description tags, it’s all about the user experience on the website. Great custom title and meta descriptions will result in higher CTR (Click Through Rate) which ultimately results in more traffic and better goals.
Check out the image below of my website’s custom title and meta description tags. After the image, keep reading to learn more about how to correctly optimize title and description tags.
So how do you create the correct and relevant title and meta descriptions for a better Click Through Rate?
- Related: Back to your keyword research, in most cases, you will want to include your target keyword for that particular site.
- Avoiding keyword stuffing and keyword stuffing will degrade your Search Rankings drastically in some cases.
- So first, add your target keyword to the beginning of the title tag.
- Then, follow that up with something relevant, after writing your business name for relevance.
For instance, let’s say you have a roofing business in Scottsdale. I would recommend without doing any research that customers are searching for “Roofing Contractors in Scottsdale” From my years of experience of course. The Title Tag for Homepage would be something like this: “Award-Winning Roofing Contractors in Scottsdale, AZ – Business Name” The arrangement of the word to where it is readable and user-friendly is quite important as well. Also, when writing meta descriptions, include your target keyword again, but notionally. Meta Descriptions heavily rely on a call to action, which is so vital. For example, for the roofing company off the top of my head, I would say something like this, “Do you need a new roof? Business Name is your Local Award Winning Roofing Contractor here in Scottsdale, AZ. We provide services from Roof Inspections, Leaks, and new repairs. Call us today for a roof inspection.” This meta description obviously has some cleaning up to do, but that’s the gist.
3. URL/Custom Permalinks – Priority 6
Custom URLs have a sense of hierarchy since it is relevant to the page, it not only helps the search engine understand what your page is about but also catches the eye of visitors in the search results. So what is a custom permalink? The following is an example of a custom link.
Having your target keyword as a custom URL is important. The following is a bad example of an efficient permalink.
The link above is irrelevant and doesn’t make any sense to get started. It’s really easy to change links to custom permalinks. For example, in WordPress below, you can see where you enter a custom link. make sure you add a 404 page if you have false redirecting pages.
In conclusion, there are 100s SEO ranking factors, so obviously we didn’t have time to go over all the important ranking factors. These are the most important ranking factors in my experience, I have been able to rank just based on the above components, but if you really want to maximize your SEO rankings for your own website or your client’s website there is a great website here that lists all the Search Engine Optimization ranking factors.