Search engine optimization (SEO) is far from being a new trend in the online universe, but it seems like too many webmasters are still struggling to find the best optimization model for their sites. It’s quite a big issue in the world where 93% of all traffic comes from a search engine like Google or Bing.
A well-designed SEO strategy will bring more traffic to your website, but that’s not the only benefit you can expect from it. On the contrary, the list of advantages includes a wide range of other items:
- Maximize online visibility and discoverability
- Enhance the user experience
- Strengthen brand authority
- Increasing dwell times
- Marketing cost reduction
- Drive lead and boost conversions
- Build loyal fans and customers
Numerous studies prove the impact of SEO on website performance. According to the report, properly executed SEO plans can drive a 14.6% conversion rate. However, other research reveals that a staggering 91% of content gets no organic traffic from Google.
It appears like the vast majority of webmasters just cannot create content that impresses both the audience and search engines, but there is a relatively simple solution to the problem. In this post, we will show you 10 easy-to-use SEO strategies that can help you to boost website traffic.
1. Improve Website Performance
The first tip on our list is rather technical, but it can do miracles for your SEO strategy. Namely, a lot of websites are suffering due to underperforming elements such as navigation, load speed, or mobile responsiveness.
You should focus on these three features to ensure effortless user experience and maximize dwell times on your pages. Here’s how to do it:
- Navigation: No one enjoys searching through the site for too long. Most visitors want to see a specific page and you must give them the chance to do so quickly by making the site easily navigable. Reduce the number of categories and add a simple navigation bar – it will make your website easier to browse.
- Page load speed: Did you know that pages loading within two seconds have an average bounce rate of 9%, while pages that take five seconds to load have a bounce rate of 38%? Modern users demand speed and efficiency, so you better indulge them if you don’t want to see a significant decrease in ranking. You can do it using a tool such as Pingdom – it will test your site and reveal details that require improvements.
- Mobile optimization: This goes without saying, but we have to remind you to optimize the site for mobile experiences and make it perfectly suitable for all types of devices and screen dimensions.
2. Publish Amazing Content Consistently
We bet you’ve heard this one before – the best websites are able to publish amazing content in the long run without jeopardizing the quality of posts. You should try to follow the same principle and create a content schedule for the next year or so.
What does it mean to publish top-notch content?
Jake Gardner, the essay writing paper expert at the Australian assignment help, says the main goal is to write posts that focus on customers’ everyday problems: “You need to give practical solutions to the problems and help your audience get rid of the burden. Besides that, you have to be highly analytical and discuss subjects from all points of view. It’s the only way to prove professional authority and impress visitors with superior ideas and insights.”
This is exactly why reports claim that the ideal length of a blog post is 1,600 words. It is more than enough to open the topic totally and analyze all of its features. Of course, a blog post can be even longer if you think that the subject requires additional explaining.
3. Make a Comprehensive Keyword Plan
Writing website content without the corresponding keyword plan is not something you want to do in the SEO-boosting process. After all, keywords are a quintessential segment of website optimization and you need to know which ones to use for each new post.
Whenever you start writing an article, you probably have the idea of what the most important keywords will be. However, you should not rely on your guts exclusively. There are so many online tools that can help you identify the best keyword options for your content, so make sure to use them regularly.
Some of the popular platforms include:
- Google Keyword Planner: Google’s native platform will give you pretty much all the insights you might need to write a solid piece of content.
- Ahrefs Keyword Explorer: It shows the most relevant keywords as well as their ranking difficulty.
- KWFinder: This platform reveals the best keywords and also highlights longtail options you could consider adding to the post.
Speaking of longtail keywords, we strongly recommend you to find as many as possible because they promise to boost search engine ranking. Namely, Google and other engines know how to recognize a broader context of the search. Longtail keywords help them in the analysis, which is why you should not neglect them.
4. Publish Multimedia Content
Although textual content makes the essence of your website, you must not forget that the growing number of users is eager to consume multimedia content as well. For instance, a report shows that over 80% of the entire online traffic will be videoed by 2021.
What are the most popular types of multimedia content? Some of the usual suspects include the following features:
- Videos, GIFs, and animations
- Audio podcasts
- Charts and tables
Multimedia content owes much of its success to the fact that it can show things rather than tell about them. For example, you could add tons of relevant information to a 30-second video, but it would take you at least two or three pages of text to do the same thing.
Take a look at this iPhone X tutorial. The clip takes less than four minutes, but the perfect combination of audio and video effects can make people fall in love with the product almost instantly.
5. Optimize Content for Featured Snippets
Do you know that more than 30% of featured snippets rank #1, while the vast majority ranks in the top 10 search results? It has become one of the most influential SEO elements in the last few years, so you better think about ways to optimize content for snippet previews.
By definition, a featured snippet is a format that is supposed to provide users with a concise, direct answer to their questions – right there on the search results page, without the users having to click through to a specific result.
Our suggestion is to create content that search engines can easily display in the featured snippet format. In case you don’t know, there are three types of snippets:
- Textual snippets: They consist of short paragraphs of text. Most featured snippets come in this format.
- Listicles: If you create lists, then your posts might as well come in the listicles format. For instance, our post will appear as a list of 10 tips in engine searches.
- Tables: Sometimes the best way to present information is to create a table, so you could also opt for tablet-shaped featured snippets.
6. Make the Content Highly Readable and Professional
Another thing we have to mention is to keep making content that is both highly readable and professional. What does it mean?
Highly readable articles are well-structured and easy to skim through. Instead of writing long paragraphs, you are supposed to create short portions of text and divide them using a lot of whitespaces. Use actionable language and keep it short and concise.
On the other hand, writing a professional post means creating an error-free article. You cannot afford to publish a new post without editing and proofreading. The best solution is to do it single-handedly, but if you are too exhausted to do it alone, you might as well use a professional editing service such as:
- Essay writing service UK: It’s a team of professional editors who can check your content quickly.
- Grammarly: If you want to automate the proofreading process, try Grammarly.
- EssayPro: This agency can edit content or even write it on your behalf.
- Hemingway: If you want to conduct a readability test, give Hemingway a try.
7. Optimize Webpage Elements with Meta Tags
The seventh tip on our list is to optimize webpage elements using meta tags. Generally speaking, meta tags are webpage descriptors that help search engines to index new content and identify the topic. Here’s what you can do to make the page perfectly optimized:
- Create meta keyword attributes: This is simply a list of keywords that you consider to be relevant to the content of your page.
- Create title tags: It’s a short line of text you see at the top of the browser. Search engines consider it to be the title of the post, so you better make it as clear and relevant as possible.
- Create meta descriptions: When users search for something online, they instantly see blue headlines followed by the description below. You are the one who has to write a description and add keywords to make it more appealing.
- Create image tags: If you want to give users to discover a webpage through images, then you must also create image tags to explain the content of your photos.
8. Include Outbound Links for Your Posts
You’ve probably figured out by now that Google and other search engines are very demanding. All those platforms take into account even the smallest details because every single aspect of the content helps them to assess the credibility of a website.
Bearing this in mind, you should not forget to include outbound links to your posts. Outbound links redirect visitors to the page on another website because you want to help them learn more about your topic. The idea is to add outbound links to highly authoritative websites and prove that you provide users with the best type of content only.
9. Fix Broken Links
The worst thing that can happen to your website is to attract a new visitor and display the inglorious “Page not found 404 Error.” Such an incident will totally ruin the user experience and convince people to leave your site for good.
This is exactly why you have to eliminate every broken link from the website. It’s hard to do it manually, so we recommend that you test one of these tools:
Each one of these platforms is free of charge and automates the broken link testing process. You just need to copy/paste the website URL and you’ll get the results in a matter of minutes, depending on the size of the site.
10. Invest in Social Media Marketing
Even though social media signals don’t have a direct impact on search rankings, they affect your search engine optimization efforts in primarily four ways:
- Maximize the visibility of the site
- Boost authority
- Guarantee wider content distribution
- Build a local SEO reputation
At the same time, we must mention that social networks attract over three billion daily active users. In such circumstances, not using the likes of Facebook and Instagram for website promotion would be unwise.
Websites ranking lower than the first page of search results have little to no chance of being discovered by users. In other words, a webmaster has to do all he/she can to improve ranking using a comprehensive SEO strategy.
It’s a difficult and time-consuming process, but some tactics proved to work quicker and more productively than others. In this article, we discussed 10 easy-to-use SEO tips that could help you to boost website traffic.
Make sure to use our suggestions and don’t hesitate to leave a comment if you have any comments or questions – we would be glad to answer you!